Should You Choose Breast Augmentation, A Breast Lift, Or Both?
Improving the size and shape of your breasts can make you feel more confident and beautiful. While some women may choose breast augmentation, others may prefer a breast lift. In some situations, both procedures can be used to improve the shape, size, and position of the breasts.
Which procedure is right for you?
Breast augmentation is used to increase the size of the breasts. In most cases, the following patients can benefit from breast augmentation:
- Women with naturally small breasts
- Women who have lost fullness and size in the breasts after pregnancy, breast feeding, or significant weight loss
- Women who have moderately disproportionate breasts
- Women who would like to have larger breasts
The breast lift procedure does not increase the size of the breast, but it does improve the appearance of the breasts by lifting them to a more flattering position and reshaping them for a nicer contour. The following women may want to consider a breast lift:
- Women who are happy with the size of their breasts, but who want to lift them to a more flattering position.
- Women whose nipples are pointing down
- Women whose breasts have begun to sag due to age or weight gain
- Women who are done having children. Pregnancy and breastfeeding can significantly alter your breasts, so it is not always efficient to have a breast lift if you plan on having more children in the future.
- Women who aren’t content with the shape, angle, or firmness of their breast.
Breast Augmentation And A Breast Lift
For women who would like to increase the size of their breasts and improve the shape and position of their breasts, the above procedures can be combined. This gives patients flattering results that can boost confidence and increase attractiveness. Combining the procedures also results in less recovery time than if the procedures were performed separately.
When considering these procedures, it is important to schedule a consultation with your surgeon. You can discuss your health, overall goals, and options. To learn more about breast augmentation and breast lifts, contact Cool Springs Plastic Surgery.