Say goodbye to sharp-tipped needles
Do you love facial fillers, but hate the pain? We have good news! Gone are the sharp-tipped needles that can hurt and puncture blood vessels. We now have the option of using a new blunt-tipped device to inject Juvéderm®, Perlane®, Restylane®, Radiesse®, and Artefill® to restore volume in your face.
As you may know, needles with sharp tips that are used to deliver injectable fillers can scratch and puncture blood vessels. This causes discomfort, and often pain, as your tissue is penetrated. The blunt-tipped devices, called acannula, can help minimize, if not eliminate, these issues.
While you are less likely to bruise with a cannula, it is still possible to bruise.
What Are The Benefits Of Blunt-Tipped Devices?
- Less bruising, swelling, and pain
- Less risk of injecting the filler into blood vessels, causing a disruption in blood flow
- Increased comfort because the cannula is smooth and blunt
- Increased accuracy in placement of the filler because we have much more control over the depth and location of the injection
- Ultimately, much better results with less irregularity and lumpiness than results from needles
Interested in trying a blunt-tip device rather than a sharp-tipped needle on your next injection? Just let us know next time you book your appointment.