Health And Beauty For The New Year
The New Year is a common time to reset your priorities and make goals for the coming months. Even very small goals can make a big difference. If you’d like to make the next year your best year yet, consider adding some of these small healthy and beauty resolutions to your list:
- Stand up and stretch at least once an hour: Sitting all day is bad for your health and can lead to weight gain and extra fat (especially around the abdomen). Set a reminder on your phone to stand up, stretch and move around at least once an hour. Find other ways to get more movement into your workday—get a headset and walk around when you’re on phone calls, go for a walk on your lunch break, or consider getting a treadmill desk.
- Take your own lunch to work: Processed food is bad for your health, your skin, and your waistline. Eating out can also leave a serious dent in your wallet. For a healthier year, make an effort to take your own lunch to work so you can take more control over your eating habits. Even if you don’t have time to bring your own lunch, prepare a few healthy snacks like carrots, apple slices, and almonds so you don’t hit the vending machine during the day.
- Drink more water: Water helps you stay energized and control your appetite. Drinking water is also good for your skin. Take a 12-16 oz water bottle with you to work each day and make an effort to empty and refill it at least 2-3 times during the workday.
- Consume less sugar: Sugar is bad for your waistline, but it also destroys collagen in your body and leaves you with older, weaker looking skin and more wrinkles. Limit yourself to one treat a day or just on the weekends and pay more attention to the sugar content in your daily foods.
- Make skin care a priority: Taking good care of your skin is one of the best ways to ward off the signs of aging—wear sunscreen when you go outside, use moisturizer each day, and wash your makeup off at night. It may also help to consider cosmetic treatments that can restore your skin and make you look younger. Contact Cool Springs Plastic Surgery to learn about chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser resurfacing, and other simple cosmetic treatments that can improve your skin.